Many responsibilities come with being an entrepreneur, but a good and affordable style should never be overlooked.
Appearance is important in business, especially when you are trying to find your footing your footing in the business world. It is however essential for entrepreneurs to consider their industry while putting their wardrobes together.
The overall aim is to find a fashion style that’s affordable and gives a good impression of you as an entrepreneur especially when it matters the most.
Let’s dive right into it:
DEFINE YOUR STYLE
Whatever your style is, it’s important to be comfortable in clothes. Clothes that are not comfortable can affect your mood, esteem as well as your general well-being. Ensure that whatever style you choose keeps you comfortable.
Even after dressing up in clothes, you must display a level of confidence that helps you stand out in a crowd; So as you build your fashion style, remember to always step out with poise and charisma.
Determine the colors that best suit your skin tone. After this, you can go further to determine which of these colors are most appropriate for formal than casual outfits. Overall, the goal is to understand how to coordinate outfits color wise so you always step out looking well put together.
Once you understand your physique, you can easily go for clothes that are the perfect fit for your body structure; clothes that flatter your good features and minimize the appearance of your “flaws”.
Accessories can easily be used to give outfits an edge, depending on the occasion. Having accessories (like brooches, cuff links, belts, glasses, scarves, earrings) as part of your wardrobe can help you create different looks even without owning so many clothes.
AFFORDABLE STYLE MUST-HAVES FOR FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS
- A well-tailored blazer (preferably black) – This can easily be put together nicely to achieve different formal and business casual looks.
- Jeans (dark rinse /black) – Ladies, you can pair this with heels and blazers to attend networking events; men can also pair with sneakers and blazers for the same purpose.
- Functional footwear – Neutral colored pumps should easily do the trick as they are comfortable, blend with other colors and are suitable for formal and business casual looks.
- Handbag or briefcase – A basic handbag/briefcase should do, it does not necessarily have to be expensive but should be in very good condition (not worn out).
- Dresses/pencil skirt – dresses and pencil skirts are very versatile and can be styled differently (with or without accessories) to get a variety of business looks. Ensure the fit is right and the length not too short
Most importantly, choose quality over quantity when shopping for a business wardrobe; endeavor to buy the best quality you can afford.
Handle your formal and business casual clothes with care especially when washing so you don’t have to replace them so often. Avoid clothes that are distracting and too revealing.
This article first appears on SHE LEADS AFRICA
For more affordable style tips, click here