An upset stomach can be caused by a variety of factors, including indigestion, food poisoning, or even stress.
Regardless of the cause, the symptoms of an upset stomach can be very uncomfortable and sometimes debilitating.
Fortunately, there are many natural remedies that can help alleviate these symptoms and promote digestive health.
Here are 10 natural remedies for an upset stomach:
- Ginger: Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve nausea and vomiting. Try drinking ginger tea or chewing on a piece of fresh ginger to help calm your stomach.
- Peppermint: Peppermint can help soothe an upset stomach by relaxing the muscles in the digestive tract. You can try drinking peppermint tea or taking a peppermint supplement.
- Chamomile: Chamomile is known for its calming properties and can help relieve cramping and indigestion. Try drinking chamomile tea before or after meals to help soothe your stomach.
- Fennel: Fennel seeds can help relieve bloating and gas. Try chewing on fennel seeds after meals to promote digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can help balance the pH levels in your stomach and promote healthy digestion. Try mixing a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drinking it before meals.
- Lemon water: Lemon water can help stimulate digestion and promote the production of digestive juices. Try drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning to help calm your stomach.
- Bananas: Bananas are a good source of potassium and can help soothe an upset stomach. Try eating a ripe banana to help relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Rice water: Rice water can help soothe an inflamed stomach and promote digestion. Try boiling rice in water and drinking the resulting liquid to help calm your stomach.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera juice can help soothe inflammation in the digestive tract and promote healthy digestion. Try drinking a small amount of aloe vera juice before meals.
- Probiotics: Probiotics can help promote a healthy balance of bacteria in the digestive tract, which can help alleviate symptoms of an upset stomach. Try taking a probiotic supplement or eating foods that are high in probiotics.
These are 10 natural remedies for an upset stomach that will give you an almost instant relief.
Next time you’re feeling under the weather because of that stomach pain, try any of the remedies listed above.