Are you ready to have your taste buds tantalized and your stomach rumbling with hunger? Well, get ready to meet the one and only Neo Akpofure popular Jollof rice recipe!
First of all, let’s talk about Neo Akpofure. If you haven’t heard of him, then you must have been living under a rock. He’s a former Big Brother Naija housemate who stole the hearts of Nigerians with his charming personality and cooking skills. And boy, can he cook!
Now, let’s get down to business – the Jollof rice recipe. Neo’s recipe is a game-changer in the world of Jollof rice. It’s like a party in your mouth! The flavors are so vibrant and bold, you won’t be able to resist having seconds (or thirds, or fourths…). So, what makes Neo’s Jollof rice so special?
Here Is The Recipe Of Neo Akpofure Popular Jollof Rice Recipe:
- 4 cups of long-grain rice
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 4 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh herbs and sliced plantains for garnish (optional)
Related Edits For You
- Rinse the rice and soak it in water for about 30 minutes.
- Blend the onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, scotch bonnet peppers, and garlic in a food processor or blender until you get a smooth paste.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the blended mixture and fry for about 10-15 minutes until the mixture thickens and the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Add the thyme, curry powder, smoked paprika, white pepper, bay leaves, and salt to taste. Stir and fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pot. Stir gently to combine with the sauce.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Allow the rice to cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the rice is cooked through and fluffy.
- Turn off the heat and allow the Jollof rice to rest for about 5 minutes.
- And let’s not forget the final touch – his signature garnish of fresh herbs and sliced plantains. It’s the perfect finishing touch to an already amazing dish.
So, if you want to try your hand at making Neo’s Jollof rice, just remember to add a little bit of goofiness to your cooking. Dance around the kitchen, add a pinch of this and a dash of that, and don’t be afraid to experiment. Who knows, you might just come up with your own signature recipe that will have everyone begging for more.
Neo Akpofure’s Jollof rice recipe is not just a meal, it’s an experience. So, grab your apron, turn up the music, and get ready to cook up a storm!