We would like to thank everyone that made the ELOY Awards 2016, the biggest awards ceremony in Nigeria a massive success.
In our eight year, we gathered almost 70,000 votes both online and in text messages which just goes to show that majority of people also want to encourage and support other people. Thank you to all the people who took out time to vote for the nominees, thank you to all our media partners, sponsors and the exquisite ELOY awards dream team. The voting system is 70% percent of the winning quota, therefore, nominees had to be campaigned for with ELOY voting boards which we created. The other 30% are the judges input to help decide a final winner amongst the top two with the most votes. This is by reviewing our selection criteria and looking through their activity within the ELOY year (Aug 2015 to Aug 2016).
The ELOY awards 2016 was a mega hit and this is just the beginning of greater things to come as the ELOY awards on 2017 will be even bigger, with new categories being added and more women celebrated under the CEMI (CELEBRATE. EMPOWER. MOTIVATE. INSPIRE) initiative. All women are worth celebrating, not just the ones you know but the ones you can see that are working their best to break the glass ceiling. We can all win together.
1. FEMALE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR – BISOLA IJALANA, M12 PHOTOGRAPHY
2. FEMALE FASHION DESIGNER OF THE YEAR – DERIN FABIKUN, FAB LANE BY DERIN
3. FEMAKE MAKEUP ARTIST OF THE YEAR – OLUCHI ONUIGBO
4. FEMALE STYLIST OF THE YEAR – JANE MICHAEL EKANEM
5. FEMALE ACCESSORY DESIGNER OF THE YEAR – FEMI OLAYEBI, FEMI HANDBAGS
6. FEMALE MOVIE PRODUCER OF THE YEAR – OMONI OBOLI FOR WIVES ON STRIKE
7. ACTRESS OF THE YEAR, BIG SCREEN – SOMKELE IYAMAH FOR 93 DAYS
8. TV ACCTRESS OF THE YEAR – OKAWA SHAZNAY FOR DELILAH
9. FEMALE MUSIC ARTIST OF THE YEAR – TIWA SAVAGE, RED
10.FEMALE YOUTUBER OF THE YEAR – LOLA OJ, BEAUTY UNDERCOVER
11.FEMALE ON AIR PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR – MAYOWA EKPO, WAZOBIA FM
12.FEMALE TV PRESENTER OF THE YEAR – OLIVE EMODI AND AYO THOMPSON, WAZOBIA MAX
13.FEMALE UPCOMING MUSIC ARTIST OF THE YEAR – SUNKANMI
14.LADIES WHO INSPIRE AWARD FOR HUMANITARIAN SERVICES- 15. DR NNEKA NWOBI, FOUNDER CHILDREN LIVING WITH CANCER FOUNDATION.
16.LADIES WHO INSPIRE AWARD FOR TRAILBLAZER- LATASHA NGWUBE, ABOUT THAT CURVY LIFE
17.LADIES WHO INSPIRE AWARD FOR LADY IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR– DAMILOLA OWOLABI