It was an exciting time at the Exquisite magazine International Women’s month brunch which held yesterday. The theme of the brunch this year was how to be bold for change and have a balanced life.
Our speakers Glory Edozien, Monalisa Chinda Coker and Tale Alimi rung home some truths for all the exquisite ladies in attendance. These points have been summarised below and they include;
1. Seeing yourself already fulfilling your goal in your mind,
2. Embracing your journey,
3. Be bold and network, be a source of inspiration
4. Personal development is highly important
5. Accept who you are and don’t be ashamed to say no.
6. Discover what gives you joy and run with it
7. Fall in love with yourself
8. For your business, find your niche and nurture it. Be consistent and authentic to who you are
9. Understand and also tell your story, you never know who you will be inspiring
10. After finding your niche, build your tribe. If you want to reach more people, serve more people
11. Profit from your passion
Tewa Onasanya, the editor in chief of exquisite magazine and host of the day had a few points to add. She spoke about the importance of not letting our minds rule us, the need to be bold and believe in ourselves, realise that there is no competition apart from the one with yourself to be a better version of yourself and finally for us to focus on our strengths only and on what’s working in our lives .