This coconut loaf cake is really buttery and full of coconut flavor! It’s easy to make and would have you craving for more everyday.
Here is the recipe for making COCONUT LOAF CAKE to serve 10 people
Ingredients To Make Coconut Loaf Cake
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Read More – Recipe for Chef Jay’s HOT CROSS BUNS 😍
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (reserve remaining from can)
- 1½ cups sweetened shredded coconut-Divided
- Glaze/ Topping
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- shredded coconut for topping
Read More – Learn How To Make Sweet Donuts With Chef Jay
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. set aside
- In a medium bowl sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer or handheld, mixture beat together the butter for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the granulated sugar and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes, you want it to be light and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract. Then beat in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. (scrap down the bowl as needed).
- Add in the sifted flour mixture and coconut milk in three additions on low speed. Add ⅓ flour, ½ cup milk, ⅓ flour, ½ cup milk and finish with the remaining flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the 1½ cups shredded coconut. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 to 25 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean ( a few crumbs are okay). Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and then flip over to finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.
- Glaze: In a medium bowl whisk together the 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and ¾ cups of powdered sugar, mix until smooth. I like mine thick, but if you want it thinner add more coconut milk. Drizzle over cooled bread, top with coconut and serve.