The process of hiring suitably qualified candidates to fill vacant positions in a company has moved from posting these jobs online and wait for applications to come. To get a qualified candidate, there are lots of planning and Employee recruitment strategies that help in the hiring process.
What is a recruitment strategy?
A recruitment strategy is linked to the goals and objectives of a company. It is a clear plan that explains the roles you will recruit for, why, when, and how. It is a formal action involving an organization’s attempts to successfully identify, recruit, and hire high-quality candidates to fill vacant positions.
Small businesses are often faced with the challenges of finding the right employees to hire for vacant positions. As a small company, it means the position of every worker is vital to the success of the company. Here are five tips that can help you boost your chances of hiring and keeping suitable workers:
- Sell Quality Products Or Services
A lot of businesses make this mistake as they always overlook this factor. Offering quality products and services is not just another method of attracting customers, it also attracts top talents. The type of products you sell as a company will determine the kind of employees your business will attract.
Focus on your products; offering quality products is the foundation of any recruiting exercise.
Improving your product quality is crucial to the growth of your business as it builds trust with your customers.
- Make Your Workplace Attractive
Employees have standard working hours of 40 hours per week at work and to become highly productive, their work environment is an important factor. An organized and visually appealing workspace makes people feel more motivated to work, and this, in turn, leads to a higher turnover rate for the company. Either as a small business or a large corporation, spend more time on making the workplace comfortable for workers. Here are few tips on how you can do this:
- Clear out and clean everything
- Add comfortable furniture
- Go green with gorgeous decorations
- Posts the company goals at strategic locations in the company
- Add proper lighting
- Implement a Culture of Responsibility
The culture of responsibility is an important part of any business operation as it is responsible for 40% of the difference between high and low-performing operations. A clear culture of responsibility should have a compelling book, an open book, a clear strategy and also clear expectations. Here are some tips you need to do to achieve a strong sense of responsibility:
- Let your employees decide the method of action
- Expect employee autonomy when it comes to decisions
- Instill pride and elegance in the company
- Always encourage a sense of ownership
- Reward those who take responsibilities
- Appeal to your staff’s social network
Your employees have extensive connections both personal and professional and in all of these connections, a few of them are looking for vacant job openings. You can leverage these connections for your next recruiting exercise. However, before your employees decide to spread the news to their connections, your company must have certain features like an attractive workplace, flexible work times and jobs with high responsibility.
Key Employee Recruitment Takeaways
- Comprehensive employee benefits are key to attracting the best employees and top talents.
- Consider using recruiting software for some recruiting exercises. However, always make sure your HR managers are properly trained to use any new software.
- Hiring candidates who came based on recommendations from either friends or families builds corporate culture and improves employee engagement.