The 13th ELOY Awards was held on the 26th of November at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, VI Lagos. The event saw most of the nominees in attendancez charged all with supporting one another and reminding all to collaborate with one another because when one woman wins, all women win.
Tewa Onasanya, the founder of the ELOY Awards foundation said that the theme for the ELOYs this year, which is collaboration for sustainable empowerment – When She wins You Win was chosen to highlight the fact that women should be collaborating with one another and men to sustain women empowerment. This event serves as a reminder that we can all win together when we collaborate and not compete.”
The ELOY Conference held on the same day with a focus on collaboration to sustain women empowerment. Speakers included Hon Cecilia Dada, Commissioner for Women Affiars and Poverty Aleviation Lagos State, Owen Omogiafo, President / GCEO Transcorp Nigeria, Nonye Francis Madu, Founder Psyche 360, Eno Essien, CEO Rhytrack, Sonnia Agu, Founder Sapio Club, Lotanna Ezeogu, Founder Skills Tribe, Funke Bucknor Obruthe, CEO Zapphaire Events, Tale Alimi, Founder Owoafara, Yetty Ogunnubi, Founder YD Company, Ife Durosinmi-Etti, Founder Herconomy, Mabel Aladenusi Adeteye, Head Communications TVC Communications and Chioma Mbanugo, Head Marketing, PZ Wilma.
The ELOY Awards Foundation awarded Mr Tony Elumelu, Chairman UBA Group, Transcorp Nigeria, UBA Foundation, Heirs Holding, was recognized as a man who advocates for and supports women empowerment. He was awarded the ELOY HE4SHE Recognition award. Mary Akpobome was awarded the ELOY When I win You Win Award for her role in supporting the growth of other women and Chinyere Okorocha for her role in leadership and mentoring women in the legal sector. Princess Kelechi Oghene was recognized for her role in empowering women in fashion.
Here is a full list of all 13th ELOY Awards winners:
- ELOY AWARD FOR AGRICULTURE – ADEBIMPE OLADUNJOYE – BEEM FARMS
- ELOY AWARD FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE – BILIKISU GARBA – THE UPCYCLE ARCHITECT
- ELOY AWARD FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP – NANCY UMEH – RADIANCE COOKWARE
- ELOY AWARD FOR DIGITAL INNOVATION – SAADAT ALIYU – SHAMROCK INNOVATIONS
- ELOY AWARD FOR FASHION ENTREPRENEUR – SALIHAT ’RAHAMAN – ABAYA LAGOS
- ELOY AWARD FOR BEAUTY ENTREPRENEUR – DR MAY IKEORA – L’AVYANNA BEAUTY LIMITED AND ADEOLA ADEYEMI – BEAUTY BY AD
- ON AIR PERSONALITY – AKWAUGO – WAZOBIAFM ONITSHA
- TV PERSONALITY – TEMITOPE MARK ODIGIE, AKASHAT-ZIBIRI NYMA, MARIAM LONGE FOR TVC
- ELOY AWARD FOR BRAND INFLUENCE IN ASSOCIATION WITH ANNON69 – DAKORE
- ELOY AWARD FOR YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR IN ASSOCIATION WITH MAMADOR – SARAH OLAGOKE – TERSLEY FOODS
- ELOY AWARD FOR HUMANITARIAN / NGO – AISHA ADAMS – SIDDIQAH FOUNDATION
- ELOY AWARD FOR BUSINESS / CAREER COACH – TRICIA OLUFEMI-OLUMIDE – TRICIA BIZ
- ELOY AWARD FOR CREATIVE ARTS (ACTRESS) – IDIA AISEN – NNEKA THE PRETTY SERPENT
- ELOY AWARD FOR INTERIOR DESIGNER – TRACY OBIAGELI NWAPA – INTERIOR CULTURE BY OBIAGELI
- ELOY AWARD FOR FOOD VLOGGER / ENTREPRENEUR – IFY MONYE MOGEKWU – IFYS KITCHEN
- ELOY AWARD FOR CONTENT CREATOR – ADAEZE YOBO
- ELOY RECOGNITION AWARD FOR SUSTAINING WOMEN EMPOWERMENT – PRINCESS KELECHI OGHENE, CEO GMYT Academy
- ELOY RECOGNITION AWARD FOR CHARACTER, LEADERSHIP, MENTIORING & SUPPORTING WOMEN IN THE LEGAL SECTOR – CHINYERE OKOROCHA
- ELOY WHEN I WIN YOU WIN RECOGNITION AWARD – MARY AKPOBOME
- ELOY HE4SHE RECOGNITION AWARD – TONY O ELUMELU
The ELOY Awards Foundation and Exquisite Magazine vetted the nominees based on the nominations by the public and the fulfillment of the ELOY Awards criteria.
The ELOY Awards is to celebrate and recognize women of excellence in different fields so as to inspire, motivate, support and educate other women to become the best versions of themselves.
- The ELOY awards has been consistently recognising women of excellence in different fields since 2009
- The ELOY awards Foundation is used as a platform to sustain women empowerment through access to entrepreneurial training, affordable finance, grants, mentoring and more.
- For more information and enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org