1) Can you tell us more about you please? Hi guys, I’m Edem Stephen Louis of “Lu.co” based in Lagos. I am very reserved but outgoing when necessary and a very jovial person.
2) How long have you been in the industry? I’ve been in the industry professionally going to two years
3) Please tell EM readers briefly about what you do? I’m a fashion stylist based in Lagos, I cater to fashion brands, celebrities, fashion shows I create visual for brands
4) What differentiates you from other stylists? I cater to start-up brands who need a consultation before starting a fashion line or brands who want to create a collection. That’s where I come in, to tell the brand story through visuals “pictures”.
Style Q&A Edem Stephen Louis
- My style is… Very simple and easy-going, with not too much going on
- I cannot live without… My phone. Lol
- Fav fashion trick… Don’t follow trends, it makes things a lot easier
- Fav designers… Mai Atafo, Deola Sagoe, and Wana Sambo
- One item every guy should own… A pair of rings and sunglasses
- Next item on my wish list… A new set of bongo trousers actually known as a palazzo for ladies. For men its called “Bongo”
- Last purchase… A new set of rings
- My fav clothing store… “Mr Price”
- My best shopping city… Lagos, Nigeria
- I feel most sexy when I am wearing… Ahah actually shorts I feel super sexy wearing them
- When I’m on the red carpet I like to… I barely do red carpet
- Fashion rule I live by… Wear it as long as you’re comfortable and can slay in it
- Name your favorite piece in your wardrobe… My black “Tassle” shirt
- Signature accessories… Rings only
- What are you buying this season to update your look… A mule
- Who is the most stylish woman you have seen… Ini Dimpa Okojieshe kills it every time she steps out and honestly that’s one person I look forward to styling
- What are your skincare essentials? Lemon and lots of water
- Early style influencer… Noble Igwe was an early influencer for me from the inception of “style vitae”
- How often do you repeat outfits… Ahaha I honestly don’t count but I definitely give some space
- Do you follow trends? I don’t follow trends, it’s exhausting.
- Fav holiday destination and why. Yet to go on that vacation hopefully soon
- Describe your ultimate party dress. Not dramatic, a pair of jeans on a stunning shirt
- How do you like your Accessories: statement or simple? Simple but make a statement
- What’s your earliest fashion memory? Watching Tiffany Amber and Deola Sagoe showcase their work before fashion evolved to what it is now, it gave me a whole lot of inspiration and also noble Igwe.