Famous for its daily siesta routine, Mediterranean beaches, Calat Alhambra, its amazing range of food, delicacies, and alcohol, Spain is undoubtedly one of the best countries in the world, all thanks to its all-round aspect of great food, people, art, culture, and architecture. Taking its place in southwestern Europe with parts of its territory in the Atlantic Ocean and across the Mediterranean Sea, the largest part of Spain sits on the Iberian Peninsula. Home to some of the best food and delicacies on the planet which has earned it the name “foodie paradise”, Spain is a huge country with a lot of variety. Spain boasts of a transcontinental root having territory in both Europe and Africa. Bordered by Gibraltar (a British overseas territory) and Morocco on the south, through its exclaves in North Africa. In the northeast, it is bordered by France and Andorra, with a 1,214km extension, the Portugal-Spain border is the longest uninterrupted border within the European Union.

The official language of Spain is Spanish (Castilian), although this is the main language, sizable percentages also speak variants of Catalan (in Catalunya, parts of Valencia, and Alicante provinces). It has a total population of over 46 million citizens with eighty percent of them declaring themselves as nominally Catholic. Spain has a square area of half a million square kilometers- twice the size of the UK or Oregon. The unit of currency in Spain is the Euro, 84.8% of people in Spain are Spaniards, while the remaining account for 15.2% of the total population.


Things to do in Spain

The cities of Spain are among some of the most beautiful and vibrant in Europe offering amazing landscapes and architectural beauty. Here are some places you should visit and some things you can do on your next visit to Spain:

  1. Walk the Camino de Santiago

The El Camino de Santiago, otherwise known as the Way of Saint James, is a common pilgrimage route that extends from the border of France to Santiago de Compostela in northwestern Spain. With a total length of 800km (500 miles), it takes a month to complete the entire route. However, the best time for Camino is around May-June or September-October, walking the Camino provides a good opportunity to see the country.

  1. Wander Seville

Seville is the capital and largest city of the Spanish autonomous community of Andalusia and also the province of Seville. With several gorgeous churches and historic palaces, Seville is an amazing city to visit. The Jewish Quarter and also different monuments are dedicated to the regions of Spain here. You can take a walk through this city and explore its tasty cuisine and also the flamenco dancing. The city is famous for the flamenco dancing and architectural designs said to have been built by Hercules himself.

  1. Tenerife

Tenerife is the largest of the seven Spanish Islands off the west coast of Africa, perfect for package holidays and beaches. Asides from the beach and coast, the landscape on the other end is breathtaking with volcanic peaks -Mount Teide is the highest peak in Spain where you can explore the craters and ancient lava flows.

  1. Barcelona

The second-largest city in the country, Barcelona is an eternal favorite always playing host to visitors. The Mediterranean location, famous architecture, and cosmopolitan atmosphere are responsible for the number of visitors this city accommodates daily. Present here are Gaudi’s architecture at Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, the Mount Tribado also provides sparkling views across the city and the seas beyond.

Best time to visit Spain

The best time to visit Spain is generally during spring and autumn when the weather is warm and pleasant. Although the summer months offer a beautiful view across the coast all thanks to the cooling breeze, the heat in

Join The Exquisite VIPs
We Want To Send You Free Copies Of Exquisite Magazine Digital FREE For 3 Months

Sign Up to our Exclusive VIP list and have it delivered to your inbox for FREE

Invalid email address
(We promise you won't receive daily spammy sales from us)

Leave a Reply