Yes, we know that we’ve already shown you Exquisite Tips For Fashion to Live By, but fashion just like research, keeps evolving and we need to keep you updated with new tips. So, we have something awesome just for you today!
From getting the size of the right jeans to cutting down your closet an much more, here are 10 helpful tips for fashion to live by.
1. “Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your
eye will follow the colour and thus help you stay organized.” — Melanie Charlton
Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too.
2. “If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method:
You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.”— Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director, DL1961 Premium Denim
3. If you don’t feel like trying on a dress but still want to see where the hem will hit you,
align the shoulder seam exactly with your shoulder bone (not your collarbone).
4. Cut down your closet by 25%. This is one of the most underrated tips for fashion out there. You can do thi by asking yourself this one question:
“If I were shopping right this second, would I buy this?” If the answer’s no, out it goes. — Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette Too.
5. To drop bloat five days before a big event, stay away from dairy and whole grains, which
can do a number on the digestive system.
6. “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new
wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper,
Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
7. To clean dirt off suede, remove the crust from a piece of bread and allow it to become
Gently rub dirt and stains with the edge of the stale bread, and they’ll disappear. To
de-scuff suede, use an eraser or nail file.
8. Blot, don’t rub when you spill something on your clothes. Wiping or rubbing will
actually further ingrain the stain into the weave.
9. Panty lines are not okay! Every woman should invest in nude, seamless underwear.
10. Revamp an old coat by swapping out the buttons and having a tailor replace the lining
with something eye-catching, like a pattern or a bright colour.