The focus of the Exquisite Magazine Cervical Cancer Prevention Week (EMCCPW) is on all things to do with cervical cancer including information about symptoms and causes of the disease, ways to prevent it and support us the EXQUISITE MAGAZINE CANCER CARE FOUNDATION.
Every hour in Nigeria, women are dying of cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is largely preventable thanks to cervical screening and the HPV vaccination programme. However people are still not going in for their yearly screenings.
Early detection is also key in increasing survival rates and so educating everyone on the disease, its symptoms and ways to prevent it is key.
Exquisite magazine Cervical Cancer Prevention Week provides us with an opportunity to do just that and this week falls within the global cervical cancer awareness month, the month of January and February 4th, World Cancer Day.
Cervical cancer screening can help detect abnormal cells before they turn into cancer. Most deaths can be prevented by regular screening tests and follow up care.
The EMCCPW can help by using this opportunity to spread the word about the important steps that women need to take to stay healthy, by encouraging
1. Women to get screened regularly
2. Tell parents about how important it is for pre-teens to get hpv vaccine, both girls and boys.
There are lots of ways you can get involved during the week, we would like you to;
• take part in our #getscreened selfie campaign that we’re launching that week. This will be a poster with your picture and your short quote encouraging girls and women to get screened, go for regular screening and also take the vaccines.
We would provide guidance should you require this for your quote.
You could also be a part of the following;
• displaying our leaflets in churches, hospitals, libraries, salons, spas and more
• put our web poster on your website
• Donate to support our cervical cancer awareness programmes which include free screening and treatment for early stages of pre cancer cells.
• Join our EMAC walk
• share our posts, tweets, videos and images on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
• Host a local event to raise awareness about cervical health which we will be a part of.
We can provide posters and a range of materials to help support your activities.
For more information and to join us for the free screening session on the 30th of January and 4h of February, Call 08098886184, 07038001086 or email us at email@example.com