Arriving at the four seasons hotel Westcliff, Johannesburg, you suddenly feel as sense of calm like you are at home, your own home, like this is where you belong.
That was exactly how I felt when I arrived. Checked into my beautiful suit and was immediately met with a luxurious bathroom as you enter the room, which has two sinks for him and her, with a massive bathtub and a power shower, shower room. I enjoyed this one.
Further down the hall is a majestically laid and inviting bed. There is a ‘mini sanctuary’ to the right which houses a huge sofa. One can literally curl up on that sofa with a book or a cup of tea and just be far away…. On the other side of the room was a study table and a single sofa with a leg rest also for a much deserved relaxation.
Trust me, when you are in your room at the Four Seasons, Westcliff, you won’t want to be anywhere else. I was with the kids, so you can imagine their excitement, especially when the chef sent over a tray of freshly baked cookies with a bottle of pop.
There are two doors on each side of the room which leads to a balcony. On the balcony, you can have drinks and just take in the beautiful view of the Westcliff, Johannesburg.
Quick fact with Gene, PR Manager, Four Seasons, Westcliff, Johannesburg.
1. Best part of being at the four seasons: The view, the location and the Four Season Service known world wide.
2. Top 5 things to do at the Four Seasons: Dine at the Signature restaurants, Weekend brunch at the flames restaurant, Signature spa treatment with top therapists, Sundown at the flames (this is popular amongst guests and non residents with a DJ playing in the background.
Private dining room for special events customised to suit the guest.
4. Activity for kids: There is a family pool area and kids specific events can be organised during the festive season. Baby sitters can be arranged if parents want to take a break. There are different attractions nearby, like the Johannesburg Zoo.
5. Helicopter or car pick up service is available from the airport.
6. 5 star service standard, seamless experience from the day you make a reservation to your check out day. “Whatever you need, we make it happens” says Gene.
More about the Four Seasons Westcliff.
The Four season Westcliff is an urban resort with 117 guest rooms and suites with panoramic and garden views scattered through nine low rise buildings amid beautifully landscaped gardens, terraces and fountains, the mood is almost residential; a welcoming respite from hectic business affairs and busy days exploring. It is closely connected to the pulse of the city.
Four Seasons The Westcliff is ideally located between Africa’s most notable financial center, Sandton, and the new and revitalized neighbourhoods of Johannesburg, that offer shopping, hip and trendy restaurants and the absolute best of the city. We went to the Rosebank mall which is a few minutes away on the Uber.
You will find everything at your fingertips with high-speed internet, an all-new destination Spa, gymnasium and gourmet deli, perfect for people on the go and with kids.
• 3 new dining venues, including two signature restaurants, View and Flames
• Easy access to urban revival districts, golf, safaris and more
• Full-service destination Spa
• Two outdoor pools
• 24hr fitness centre
• 13 indoor and outdoor event spaces for weddings, social occasions and meetings
• 7.7 acres for jogging or walking