1) Can you tell us more about you please?
I am a Mass Communication graduate who blogs about Fashion & Lifestyle. A big advocate of “style on a budget” which is why I started my own online Thrift Store @thriftstoreng to help ladies slay on a budget like me. I’m also passionate about acting & I hope to make a headway in the entertainment industry soon. In addition to that, I’m also a stylist. I’m basically a creative hustler.
2) How long have you been in the industry for?
I started blogging in 2012 but had to stop because there was no way to continue in school. Picked it back up in 2015 when I started working.
3) Please tell EM readers briefly about what you do?
My blog is named TANG- The Average Nigerian Girl. I like to believe that everyone can be stylish regardless of the size of your pockets. This is why I started my blog, to show that style is achievable. My blog posts and content are mostly based on versatility- how to get the most out of your clothes. Even while shopping for my store, that’s what I have in mind- Quality and versatility.
I team up with some amazing photographers to create content especially the talented Seun Osipitan (Manvibess). We have an amazing work chemistry and every look is always a hit.
4) What differentiates you from other style bloggers ?
I think all style bloggers are unique. No two authentic people can have the same style. That’s where the difference comes in. Our interpretation of style differs and we can caress it differently. There are so many others that push the “style on a budget” narrative beautifully as well but the difference is in the execution. We can have the same pieces and definitely style it differently.
1. My style is…. My style is a blend of everything. Vintage, street style, modern etc.
2. I cannot live without…I cannot live without shoes!
3. Fav fashion trick…. Favorite fashion trick is using my shoe lace to tie my natural hair.
4. Fav designer ….Favorite deisgner. I have quite a few. Olashubomii, SGTC, Atafo, Lanre Da Silva, Vera Wang.
5. One item every guy should own…One item every guy should own. A black blazer
6. Next item on my wish list…Next item on my wish list. A mannequin for my store lol.
7. Last purchase …Last purchase was a plunge bra.
8. My fav clothing store….My favorite clothing store. Thrift Store Ng of course! Then I love Everytin Denim as well.
9. My best shopping city….My best shopping city. Paris but I can’t afford to go there yet so I’ll just stick to Lagos.
10. I feel most sexy when I am wearing…I feel most sexy when I’m wearing matching underwear. Also a fitted pair of jeans & a bodysuit.
11. When I’m on the red carpet I like to…I like to take pictures. Considering that I’ve only been on very few red carpets, that’s what I do lol.
12. Fashion rule I live by…Comfort is key.
13. I am currently carrying…. A pink bag I thrifted two years ago.
14. Name your favorite piece in your wardrobe….That is my Olayinka Dress from the collection I released with Mo’s Box this year. It’s so pretty, every lady should own one!
15. Signature accessories….That has to be sunglasses & silk scarves. I’m not a big fan of accessories & only wear them when necessary.
16. What are you buying this season to update your look….I already got what I wanted this season. A pair of white mules.
17. Who is the most stylish woman you have seen…Rihanna! Everything looks good on her & her style is top notch. Followed closely by Aimee Song & Micah Gianneli
18. What are your skin care essentials?My skin care essentials are toner & moisturizer. I’m ashamed to say I haven’t gotten a sunscreen yet, I just keep stealing for my friends but that will change soon because it’s very important as well.
19. Early style influencer… Folake Kuye Huntoon (Style Pantry). She inspired my love for sharing my style. Will forever admire her.
20. How often do you repeat outfits… I’m a chronic repeat offender. I repeat as much as I want to but I almost do not ever style them the same way. I also give a space of about 2 months before repeating (or before taking a picture when I repeat LOL). Like I said, I love versatile pieces and that means I should be able to wear them as much as I like in different ways.
21. Do you follow trends?I keep up with trends but do not necessarily follow them. I like to be updated so I can share with my followers and then I infuse them into my style if they suit my brand.
22. Fav holiday destination and why? Maldives. Never been there but I’ll love to go there soon especially for my honeymoon. Currently, I’ve been dreaming of Cape Verde, it looks so beautiful. Maybe when my account decides to rise, I’ll go Lmao.
23. Describe your ultimate party dress…. Something sleek, with some drape drama and shows some skin. I love dramatic dresses.
24. How do you like your Accessories: statement or simple? I don’t wear a lot of accessories so simple does it for me. Although, if the occasion/outfit calls for dramatic accessories, I’m game.
25. What’s your earliest fashion memory? My earliest fashion memory is with my mum. She’s so stylish & I remember watching her put outfits and colors together as a child. She used to draw out her styles for tailors then & I do the same now. She also let me play around with my style too and I was a very fashionable kid thanks to her. She’s still so stylish & my path isn’t surprising to her or my Dad because I followed her footsteps.