1) Can you tell us more about you please?
I never know what to say when I’m asked this question but i think in summary I’m young and trying to get it. I’m constantly trying to be the best version of myself and I hate feeling uncertain.
2) How long have you been in the industry for?
I’d say 6 months, my show premiered at the beginning of September 2016
3) Please tell EM readers briefly about your programme?
I co-host a show called Fashion 360 with Fliq or Eso I don’t know which name he is using today LOL but its a fashion, entertainment and lifestyle show. We talk about everything that is happening in the world in those three aspects. We also interview the biggest names in all three fields.
4) As a presenter, what are your expectations?
My expectations? I’m not sure how to answer this but i always expect the least pleasant possible outcome of every situation.
5) What differentiates you from other presenters?
I do not know if it differentiates me but people that know me know I’m the same person on and off screen.
6) In Nigeria and Africa as a whole, how do you think we are setting standards fashion wise? We are very trendy and creative people so I think we set the bar pretty high.
7) How do you define your style?
Sexy, comfortable and functional! So on some days I’m dolled up in a tight dress with heels and make up and on a perfect day I’m in slides and a romper
8) What should viewers look out for from your programmes?
A lot of gist and we always play good cop bad cop so it’s a show everyone can relate to. We are working on general production improvements I’m really excited for but you HAVE to tune in to see! Won’t dish it all here
9) What are the challenges you face as a presenter?
I have a good amount of brain farts well that’s what I call them but it’s when I forget my lines
10) What inspires you?
The hunger I have to always do better and want so much more for myself.
11) Any role model? If I could combine my sister and my mum into one person then she’ll be my role model
12) What is the secret to staying “on top of the game” in the industry?
Honestly still trying to figure that one out, but like every other thing in life I’ll say consistency and hard work.
13) How have you been able to balance your lifestyle as an individual and a presenter even on SPICE TV?
It is really easy for me, no conflicts whatsoever so I can’t talk about how it’s been because I’ve not experienced any struggle.
EM Style Q & A of VALERIE
1. My style is -functional, comfortable and sexy
2. I cannot live without… lol as cliché as it is, my phone
3. Fav fashion trick…. lol bra strap as a choker!
4. Fav designer …. Louis Vuitton
5. One item every girl should own… one perfect designer bag
6. Next item on my wish list… Sac Du Jour by Saint Laurent
7. Last purchase … I found out about this fantastic new Nigerian skincare company that makes ridiculously sweet smelling soaps and everything else i went crazy loll and i don’t regret it!
8. My fav boutique shop…. H&M
9. My best shopping city….. London
10. I feel most sexy when I am wearing… perfect pair of jeans and a plain tee
11. When I’m on the red carpet I like to…be the most original version of myself, less pressure
12. Fashion rule I live by… ‘less is more only when more is too much’
13 I am currently carrying … a tommy Hilfiger sack bag I stole from my mum lol
14. Name your favourite piece in your wardrobe… I have a black turtle neck dress I wear at least three times every month so obsessed with it!
15. Signature accessories…. the ring in my tragus piercing and a bracelet my mum gave me
16. What are you buying this season to update your look…. I need a pair of those clear heels! Must have
17. Who is the most stylish woman you have seen… I think its Blake Lively
18. What are your beauty essentials? Scented exfoliating scrubs, bath gels and lotions and of course coconut oil
19: Early style influencer… my sister
20. How often do you repeat outfits… as often as I need to tbh
21. Do you follow trends? Yes but I’m very selective also sometimes my bank account can be the most selective
22. Fav holiday destination and why …I haven’t been there yet but I always imagine it’ll be a beach somewhere in the French Riviera. Blue skies and even bluer water and heat that’s not humid away from work for a bit sounds amazing don’t you think?
23: Describe your ultimate party dress. Short with a lot of fringe!
24: How do you like your jewellery: statement or simple? Simple
25: what’s your earliest fashion memory? I repurpose a lot of my mum’s ‘old’ clothes so I’ll say playing dress up in her clothes when I was about 4 or 5