1) Can you tell us more about you please? : I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN EDO STATE. ATTENDED THE UNIVERSITY OF BENIN WHERE I GRADUATED WITH AN LLB IN LAW, AFTER WHICH I ATTENDED THE NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL AND GOT MY B.L DEGREE. APART FROM BEING A PRESENTER, I AM A MUSICIAN, ACTOR, M.C & SPORTSMAN.
2) How long have you been in the industry for? OFFICIALLY, ALMOST TWO YEARS NOW. BUT I’D SAY I HAVE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS OF ENTERTAINMENT ALL MY LIFE
3) Please tell EM readers briefly about your programme? I am the host of 3 shows, and they are called: Fashion 360, Spice Toys & All Access. Fashion 360 is basically a fashion, beauty and lifestyle show I host with my co-presenter, Valerie. Spice toys are a show where we get to explore luxury items and places. And All Access gets you all the juicy happenings behind the scenes at events. I also host, from time to time, The Red Carpet Show and Urban Spice.
4) As a presenter, what are your expectations? I expect the best from myself and people around me
5) What differentiates you from other presenters? Personality, maybe. I’m practically the same person on and off screen.
6) In Nigeria and Africa as a whole, how do you think we are setting standards fashion wise? We are very trendy, so that helps.
7) How do you define your style? Barney Stinson with a bit of Bradley Cooper & Hugh Jackman
8) What should viewers look out for from your programmes? A lot! Trendy gist, trendy people and trendy places.
9) What are the challenges you face as a presenter? People constantly expect me to look a certain way and always assume I am rich. Especially the latter. Epp me!
10) What inspires you? The people before me and the hunger for greatness.
11) Any role model? My parents, and a lot of others too many to mention.
12) What is the secret to staying “on top of the game” in the industry? Humility and an eagerness to learn
13) How have you been able to balance your lifestyle as an individual and a presenter even on SPICE TV? It’s difficult. People associate TV/Media with glitz and glamour, but of course we all know it’s not that rosy. But I try, none the less.
EM Style Q & A of ESO OKOLOCHA
1. My style is – Comfortable
2. I cannot live without… my music
3. Fav fashion trick… . Ear rings as lapel pins.
4. Fav designer …. JZO.
5. One item every girl should own… NIL