We consider our favorite moments of clothes in cars, having inspired designers across the globe since the day vehicles became a mainstream reality.
The Second edition of Men’s Fashion week Nigeria 2017 in
partnership with GERMAINE AUTO CENTER AND AXE NIGERIA intend to blur the lines between the fluid flowing world of fashion and engineered world machines (automobile), creating a unique structural aesthetic all of its own, helping each individual find their own Magic.
The Men’s Fashion Week Nigeria event took place on Oct 13-15 at the
Germaine Auto Center. It was an event filled with testosterone, art
DESIGNER 1407 experimented with transparency, prints and fluidity,
with his model moving with supreme skill.
DESIGNER 2107 spiced up the contemporary senator look with details and prints.
MAXIVIVE introduced us to another dimension of mental health with his T-shirt capsule collection which was in collaboration with 26.8.77
BE-YOUTIFUL caught our attention as the urban wear designer BELIEVE
hit the runway. His slogan tees and hoodies did more of the talking as the models took the catwalk.
Art never felt this good until KAI'S DIVO from Uganda, PALSE FROM SOUTH AFRICA, ABRANTIE THE GENTLEMAN & QUOPHI AKOTUAH FROM GHANA, MOSHIONS FROM RWANDA AND STEVE RAY from Nigeria took the runway. It was a total display of creativity and fashion.
We also had designers like: BLAQ, Sammielle Couture, Ghetto youth X
Reincarn8, Joe Patanga, Onabu Leihgjay designs, One Tribe, Walker
designs, Zhalima Grazioni, Nana Classique, Dudu Black.
Sunday was all about recognition and crowning of Mr. Universe Nigeria, awarding individuals who have contributed immensely to the Nigerian male fashion industry and its metropolises. The celebrity studded show included Richard Mofe Damijo, Mai Atafo, Vimbai Mutinhiri, Lamboghini, Jon Ogah, Soma, Juliet Ibrahim, Ono Bello, Joan Okorodudu, Frank Oshodi, Pela, Mueyiwa Omatsola, Francis Beacon, Marcus Pius, Kennedy Mgboji, Tracy Ishmael, Ariya Ticket CEO and a host of others.
The show was hosted by Denrele Edun.
Performance was by Nigerian DJ Teckzilla (Temi Oduntola, winner of the AXE ‘Find Your Magic’ DJ Search campaign) performing his winning mixtape at the run way alongside other mixes, Linda Ikeji Music Artist, Val Obi and Pentagon Dance Company
The categories and winners are as follows.
* ABRANTIE THE GENTLEMAN – Winner, Designer Of The Year
* SAMUEL ELENDU – Winner, Creative Designer Of The Year
* Maxivive – Winner, Designer Of The Year (National)
* Koko Walker – Winner, Emerging Designer Of The Year
* Jeremiah Ogbodo (Swanky Jerry), Winner, Style Influencer Of The
* Damola Cruz – Winner, Model Of The Year (National)
* Stephen Owusu – Winner, Model Of The Year (International)
* Spice TV – Winner, Fashion TV Of The Year
* Complete Fashion – Winner, Fashion Magazine Of The Year
* Ono Bello – Winner, Fashion Blog/Online Mag Of The Year
* Mai Atafo – MAN OF THE YEAR
* Richard Mofe Damijo – Style Personality Of The Year
* Palse – Excellence Awards For Contribution To The African Fashion
* COZ – Winner, Truly Nigerian Brand
* Oluwatoyin Okoro – Winner, Germaine Auto Award For Positive Change
We use this opportunity to say a very big thank you to germaine Auto and Axe Nigeria for their support and sponsorship.
We hope to meet you next year.