The Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion and Design Week is back and is taking place from October 29th to November 1st 2014 for the 4th year running. The GTBank LFDW has been at the helm of the Nigerian fashion industry by ensuring that African designers have a platform to show case their collections annually and seek out various opportunities for designers both within Nigeria and beyond. This year, the GTBank LFDW will include other designers from across Africa.
Omoyemi Akerele, Creative Director of GTBank LFDW stated ‘this year, we will begin to present designers from a selection across Africa as part of our vision to promote inter connectivity within the African fashion industry; a vital tool for the promotion of intra African trade. The African continent creates a natural market for the fashion industry and GTBank LFDW wants to ensure that we tap into this market.’
They are also introducing some new elements to the LFDW series this year. The LFDW Young Designer of the Year Competition, which ran for three years, will now be replaced by the LFDW Fashion Focus. The LFDW Fashion Focus is in partnership with Frallain Inc and Istituto Marangoni. Opportunities for selected participants include:
- LFDW workshops focused on building retail ready brands for the business of fashion
- Presentation at Guaranty Trust Bank Lagos Fashion and Design Week
- 6 months internship with Louis Vuitton Moet Henessy (LVMH’s) EDUN facilitated by Frallain Inc.
- Scholarship opportunity with Istituto Marangoni
- LFDW Fashion Focus retail pop ups across Nigeria
For more information on how to participate please visit www.lagosfashionanddesignweek.com for details on how to enter.