Beneath Ndidi Nwuneli’s silent achiever and strong personality that desires change and impact more than any other thing, Nwuneli has garnered over 20 years experience in International Development and has led a range of initiatives in Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Rwanda and Senegal. She states that LEAP has engaged over 50,000 youth and business owners through core training programmes and over 250,000 individuals in local and international speaking engagements. LEAP’s beneficiaries have also initiated over 1,000 change projects in their respective communities.
She also authored a book “Walking for God in the Marketplace” which is a reflection of her deep conviction that faith must be backed by actions in the world of work. Treating such issues as punctuality, integrity and initiative, she urges readers to show that their faith is more than mere words. She has been recognized and awarded with the following:
• Honoree of the Global Fund for Women during their 25th Anniversary Celebration in San Francisco – 2013
• Winner of the Harvard Business School Nigeria Business Club 2013 Leading Social Entrepreneur Award
• Recognized by Forbes as one of the 20 Youngest Power Women In Africa, 2011
• Excellence Award from Anambra State, 2011
• Selected for Harvard Business School’s Africa Business Club’s Excellence Award, 2007
• Selected as Young Manager of the Year by THISDAY Newspapers in
• Received a National Honor – Member of the Federal Republic – from the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on December 16, 2004
•Selected as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, Davos; 2004
• Selected as a Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland; 2002
She currently serves on the following boards:
• LEAP Africa
• AACE Foods
• Sahel Capital
• Nestle Nigeria Plc.
• Cornerstone Nigeria Plc.
• Nigerian Breweries Plc.
• USAID Advisory Committee on Voluntary Aid (ACVFA).