1) Can you tell us more about you please?
I’m Chichebem Aguocha, creative director for Zaraarti Creative Works. I am a makeup artist, a youtube content creator and a videographer.
2) How long have you been in the industry?
I have been in the beauty industry for almost 3 years.
3) Please tell EM readers briefly about what you do?
I paint my client’s faces to accentuate their facial features and make them look uniquely beautiful. I also create YouTube beauty content where I teach makeup and discuss life issues and I also do video production and create motion pictures.
4) What differentiates you from other Makeup Artists?
My creativity, technique, and originality
BEAUTY Q&A of Chichebem Aguocha
1) MY BEAUTY REGIMEN… I start my morning by drinking water, cleanse my face, hydrate, moisturize, use sunscreen and I also exfoliate once a week.
2) WHAT I DO FOR INNER HEALTH… I do yoga and meditate every day
3) PERSONAL BEAUTY TIPS… I make sure I don’t go to bed with my makeup on and I always moisturize and use sunscreen on my face
5) WHATS IN MY MAKEUP BAG… Skincare products, illuminating glow, foundation, concealer, finishing powder, translucent powder, eyeshadow, mascara, false lashes, blush, lipstick, lipgloss, setting spray, beauty sponge and makeup brushes
6) FAV BEAUTY PRODUCT AND WHY… Noir black beauty illuminating glow. It gives me a crystal glow and I can also go about my day with just the noir illuminating glow on and I’ll still feel pretty and glowing. It is also very affordable.
7) FAV SKINCARE PRODUCT AND WHY R&R LUXURY BAOBAB OIL, it’s a skin moisturizer that absorbs quickly and is rich in antioxidants.
8) BEST BEAUTY BUY… Thayers witch hazel toner
9) FULL ON MAKEUP OR NATURAL MAKEUP… Natural makeup
10) YOUR QUICK MAKEUP REMOVAL TIP…
- First I apply a makeup remover and let it sit for a couple of minutes. This will soften the eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, and lipstick.
- Then I use micellar cleansing water to wipe off the makeup making sure to cleanse the edges of my eyelids and hairline.
11) FAV SPA TREATMENT AND WHY… Pedicure and manicure. Pedicure and manicure is a form of self-care for me, pedicure makes my feet feel and look like a newborn. Manicure makes my hand feel lush and brand new.
12) FAVORITE SCENT AND WHY… My favorite scent is lavender. Lavender has a soothing effect on my nerves and it boosts my moods especially when I’m doing yoga.
13) HAIR CARE TIPS AND WHY…
- Wash the hair every week not every day with lukewarm water to avoid hair dehydration and breakage
- Use 1-2 pumps of shampoo mixed with water and gently massage your scalp and hair with your fingers to prevent excess tangling.
- Apply conditioner from the mid-length to the ends of your hair not all over the hair because doing so can cause buildup on your scalp. rinse it off after 2 minutes
- Avoid blow-drying, the heat cause damage to the hair. it’s best to apply a leave-in-conditioner all over your damp hair and let it dry.
- Always moisturize the ends of your hair with almond oil or any hair oil of your choice to give that extra moisturizing boost.
- Always go to bed with your silk hair bonnet on to avoid frizz.
14) FAV HAIRCARE PRODUCTS… Mega growth deep conditioner and almond oil
15) WIGS OR WEAVE… Wig
16) BEST HAIR AND BEAUTY TIP YOU TRIED…
- HAIR TIP: Always wear a satin bonnet while you sleep. It will preserve any hairstyle overnight.
- BEAUTY TIP: Set your lipstick by blotting it through tissue with the right amount of translucent powder to get your lip color stay gorgeous as long as possible.