This week, we are sharing Chef Jay’s recipe to make the best homemade scotch eggs for serve 4 people.
Ingredients To Make Scotch Eggs For 4
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed breadcrumbs
- 7 ounces (¾ cup) fresh breakfast sausage
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
Read More – Prepping Coconut Loaf Cake With Chef Jay
- Place 4 eggs in a small saucepan; add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 3 minutes. Carefully drain, then fill pan with ice water to cool eggs. Gently crack shells and carefully peel under cold running water.
- Place eggs in a bowl of cold water; cover and chill until cold.
- Place flour in a wide shallow bowl and crushed breadcrumbs in another wide shallow bowl.
- Divide sausage into 4 equal portions. Pat 1 portion of sausage into a thin patty over the length of your palm. Lay 1 soft-boiled egg on top of sausage and wrap sausage around egg, sealing to completely enclose. Repeat with remaining sausage and eggs.
- Whisk remaining 2 eggs in a medium bowl to blend. Working gently with 1 sausage-wrapped egg at a time, dip eggs into flour, shaking off excess, then coat in egg wash. Roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Pour in oil to a depth of 2″ and heat over medium heat to 375°.
- Fry eggs, turning occasionally and maintaining oil temperature of 350°, until sausage is cooked through and breading is golden brown and crisp, 5–6 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve scotch eggs warm with ketchup.