We thought it’s only right to talk about eyelashes; after all a perfect set of brows and a lovely pair of lashes to set them off is indeed an ideal combination. As some of us do know, we have a slight (huge) obsession with our eyelashes.
One great thing about faux eyelashes is that not only do they look great when applied correctly, but they also allow us to create so many different looks simply by changing the style of eyelashes we wear & we have highlighted some tips when using faux eyelashes below.
Top 5 tips when using faux eyelashes.
1. – Check the length of the faux eyelashes.
Before you start to apply, measure the length of the false lash to make sure it fits your eye shape. This will avoid the corner drooping or worse, the end poking into your eye. If the strip needs be shortened, cut the outer edge down to size.
2. – Use good quality glue.
Apply top quality glue such as Duolash adhesive for long lasting results, (normally not the glue that comes with the pack). It is often easier to put glue on a cotton swab or a toothpick and glide it across the lash strip rather than squeezing directly from the tube. Make sure to be generous at both the inner and outer corner so the glue willl stick well once applied to your eyes.
3. – Ensure the glue is tacky so it’s easier to apply.
Wait 10 seconds or so for the glue to become tacky before placing onto your own lash line. Blow on the glue or gently wave the lash around in the air to speed this up. This is the best way to keep the strip from slipping around while you’re trying to line it up properly as you attempt to apply it.
4. – Place the lashes in the correct place.
For the most natural look, try and apply the lash as close to the base of your natural lash line on top of your actual lashes, not on your eyelid.
5. – Blend the lashes with your natural lashes.
If you see a gap showing on the eyelid skin between your own lashes and the faux ones (hopefully you don’t), don’t pull off the strip and start again. You can simply fill in the gap with either black liquid liner or use clear/black mascara to blend the faux lashes with your natural lashes.
For the most desired natural looking false eyelashes, be sure to choose the correct pair or lashes. Human hair lashes tend to have a more natural look and are often easier to apply due to their design.
Many may be thinking, all this stress for lashes! well, Practice does makes perfect, once you master it (which doesn’t take long) you’ll be so happy with the results. You’d be amazed at what the right pair of lashes can do to your face… Try it.
How to get this look – Toke Makinwa- Bronze goddess by MUA AnitaBrowsBeauty
We have all noticed how Toke Makinwa has been the woman on top of many peoples lips, mostly because of her red carpet looks. Although her stunning dresses and presence on the red carpet is noticed we must also point out that her make up looks have been near flawless.
We know that these make up looks have been created by professionals such as Joyce Jacob Beauty, TennyCoco and Dorannebeauty, but nonetheless we are giving you a few points on how you can create your own version of this particular look at home. This ‘bronze goddess’ look was created my talented celeb MUA Anita brows beauty.
- Eye Brows: Stud Brow pencil by MAC , to give it that fading effect, apply a lighter brown eye shadow at the start of the eyebrows.
- Face Highlight: Ben Nye Banana Powder.
- Setting your under eye with an highlight powder will avoid creasing in that area and will also brighten up the face.
- Eye Gel Liner: MAC Black Gel Liner in Black Track. Use a flat angled brush to get a precise, defined and thin winged line.
- Lashes: Blinx Lashes “Tulip”
- For easier application, use “Blinx Lash Applicator”. Apply your lash close to your lash line to have a seamless and natural look. Tulip Blinx Lashes are great for a bold look as it is designed as a double lash.
- Face Contour: Sleek Contour Kit “Dark”
- Our favorite product for applying face contour powder is “Real Techniques Contour Brush”. Contour your face gives you a more defined face. Contour cheekbones and nose to give the face more structure.
- The blusher in this contour kit is amazing for creating a nice bronze finish, use this brown blusher to really enhance the cheeks.
- Bronzer : Gosh giant sun powder.
This product is great for creating a nice natural bronze glow, this was applied on the cheeks around the blusher line and lightly on the middle line of the nose.